The Asa Wade House at 76 County Road in Ipswich was built between 1831 and 1836. Like the Samuel Wade house next door it has the gable end facing the street in the Greek Revival style. Asa Wade, original owner of the South Side Store, bought this property in 1831 and built a house. This building was once identical to house next door, which was built by Samuel Wade, who may have built both houses. The house is front-gabled, but is trimmed with Federal motifs.
Asa Wade opened his grocery at the corner of Copunty Rd. and Poplar St. in 1836. He sold the store to Ebenezer Cogswell. Cogswell’s heir, Theodore F. Cogswell, sold to Frank T. Goodhue, and it was known in the 20th Century as the South Side Store.