manning_central_corner_im
The E. H. Martin house originnaly faced Central Street. It was moved back one lot and turned to face Manning St. This photo was taken from the old Winthrop School before the Central Street fire station was constructed (1906). Much of the block across Central Street burned in a 1894 fire. The large Currier house behind the Martin house is now part of Oak Hill apartments.