The Ephraim Harris House at the corner of Mineral and Central Streets is a first period home built in 1695. The original sections of this house wee built by the Warner family in 1695 on Market Street at the location of the Bank Ipswich today and remained at location through the 1800’s. The original section of the house was moved to the present location by Ephraim Harris.
In 1997 a large tree fell on the house, crushing the roof. The owner replaced it with a much steeper roof, restoring its First Period appearance and providing living space in the attic.
Mineral Street (called “dirty lane” in the 1600’s) crossed the wet area that was eventually drained in the early 1800’s and continued to Washington Street, known then as Gravel Street because of the gravel pit near that intersection.
Read more about this house at the Prudence Fish blog.