The John Wade house was built at the far end of South Green in 1810, but was moved further down County Road in 1948 to the corner of Lanes End to make room for the South Green Burial Ground expansion.  The Wade family owned and built many of the houses along County Rd. in that vicinity. This house bears remarkable similarity  to the homes of housewrights Asa Wade and Samuel Wade, both still standing in their original locations on County Rd.  facing the South Green  View MACRIS

John Waite House, Ipswich MA
John Wade House today at 85 County Rd.
samuel_wade_house_early
The John Wade house at its original location a the south end of the  South Green. It bears great resemblance to the Asa Wade and Samuel Wade houses facing the Green from the other side of County Rd.
john_wade_south_green_1832
The John Wade house is shown at its original location adjoining the South Green, in the 1832 Philander map of Ipswich village.
John Waite house Ipswich
The John Wade House being moved  from the South Green a short distance down County road in Ipswich. You can see the old roofline of an addition to the rear of the house.
Stairwell in the John Wade house