The Stacey-Ross house at 20 Market Street in Ipswich  was built in 1734. The 2nd Period building houses the law offices of Ross and Ross. The early fabric of the house is hidden by the two buildings crammed against its sides. The second floor shows the presence of elaborate Georgian decoration, with a dentilated cornice and step-back architraves above each window let into the cornice on the east side of the house. The five evenly spaced windows along the east facade at the second floor suggest that it was once the house’s original five-bay front facade.

ips_699

Source: MACRIS