The Widow Fuller house at 5 Summer Street was built in 1725. The house may be named after the widow of Captain Fuller who died at sea in 1825 at 35 years of age, leaving her with two infant children, the younger of whom was born four days before his tragic death.
The first recorded mention of this property is in 1754, when Elizabeth Fuller sold a house and land to Thomas Treadwell (107:158). Stylistic evidence points to a construction date of c. 1725. Originally the house was one room deep, with a cased frame. The chimney has been rebuilt, but there are some traces of an early wooden lintel in the main downstairs room. Most of the trim and the front stairs are third period vintage. An ell was added at the turn of the 19th century. The most unusual feature of the house is an oven in the chamber fireplace, which suggests two families in residence. Source: IPS.78